Saturday, October 13, 2012

The way things go.

With the way my life has turned, flipped, fell over lately, I have felt like this blog didn't fit me anymore. 
And it doesn't. 
Not really. 
Not the way it used to. 
I debated deleting it. 
I debated starting over from scratch. 
I debated deleting just some posts and leaving important ones. 
I debated starting a new blog and leaving this one to collect dust. 
I even started a new blog (then abandoned that one as well).
Ultimately I just decided to stop posting at all (or as often). 
So for the last few months (actually pretty close to  a year...) I have kept Blogger on my 3rd tab open, always open. And occasionally I'd switch over to it, check my stats, read through a few blogs I follow, then switch back to Facebook, Tumblr, Dr. Who...
Even more rare, I'd open a new post, sit here, type something like "ekjhdfshs" then exit out and pretend it never happened. 
Last night, I blogged and it felt good. 
But it felt weird, because it's like I'm trying to hold on to the way I used to do things but that doesn't fit anymore so what am I even doing, really. 
Ah. My life. 
And so here I am. 
And I have decided that instead of deleting anything, I'm going to put all those posts that would have been deleted in the back of my mind. I'm going to pretend they didn't happen except for on those rare nights that I have to remind myself what I've come form. 
And instead of abandoning this blog completely, I'm going to abandon the way this blog has been set. 
No more "How to" format/title. (Unless it actually fits...)
No more... Well you get the picture. 
Hopefully things will be different now, and I can still blog without forgetting this blog. 

Note to self: This is a good change. This is the way things go. This is the way life goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment