Friday, September 5, 2014

"It's going to be okay."

"It's going to be okay." 

I know that. 
I know that tomorrow the sun will rise and I will wake up and I will go to work and I will feel things both good and bad in the moments before I sleep again and then it will repeat.
There will be hard days and there will be good days. There will be boys who make me cry myself to sleep and there will be boys who make me want to stay up all night talking. There will be moments of completely desperation and hopeful moments. Moments where my Savior makes his presence know. And moments when He will pull back a bit and let me feel it instead. 
And sometimes I cannot tell which moments are the more important ones to me. 
The moments when things feel perfect or the moments when I ache all over?
The moments when my Savior holds me or the moments when He asks me to just try to remember what that feels like instead? 

I know these moments are fleeting. 
Oh how I have been taught this year how fleeting every moment actually is. 
One day you are 15 and scared to kiss someone.
One day you are 21 and scared to look to see if there's a second little pink line. 
One day you are awake and alive and laughing. 
One day you are gone and you've left people in a pile of destruction behind. 
One day you are kissing while the sun does down behind you.
One day you are alone in your bedroom with the lights out, crying. 

And just like the other days, one day this will be gone. A memory. Maybe not even a significant enough moment to make the category of a memory. So much of your life will go un-noted. This feeling. This moment. This situation. This day. This might not even make the cut. One day, this may be gone. A feeling your mind won't cling to anymore. More important things will come up, take it's place. More important things will attach themselves to your soul and you will no longer have time to waste thinking about how you felt that one night when you could hardly breathe. 

And it will be okay. 
It's always going to be okay. 
Okay isn't some distant thing, far off in the horizon. 
Okay is found multiple times, in many different places. 
In the midst of the hardest day of your life, there will be tender mercies. 
There will be people who will bake you food so that you don't have to. There will be friends who buy you 30 pounds of chocolate that you don't need. There will be notes left on windshields as encouragement. There will be people who will call you beautiful. There will be life around you. There will be flowers blooming in weird places and clouds shaped like horses. There will be classes that get cancelled. There will be movement, and progress. 
Okay is found in those things. 
It will be okay. 
And it will be okay tomorrow. It will be okay tomorrow maybe 4 or 5 times. And then the next day maybe 3 times. And then the next day 8 times. 
It will be okay so many times one day that it might finally outweigh the not-okay again someday. 


1 comment:

  1. really great post! dont worry everything will be fine =))
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?
    let me know on my blog if you follow me, and I will follow you back after it.
    thank you! ^^~

    Tom and Tins Blog

    ReplyDelete