Saturday, August 20, 2011

How to let things fall apart.

"I'm limited.
Just look at me.
I'm limited. 
And just look at you, you can do all I couldn't do."

Sometimes I meet people who change my life is the most amazing ways. And at perfectly the right time. I find it amazingly interesting to see how perfectly our lives collide at just the right time. When they could have gone anywhere. Over 6 billion people in this world, and this one just happens to find their way in to my life.
Beautiful, isn't it? 
But sometimes we have to face the harsh reality that people arent going to stay right there forever. 
Some will choose to just walk out of your life as easily as they walked in. 
And some will just fade out. As if nothing ever happened. 
I guess there are a thousand ways people could leave. I could spend this entire blog writing about reasons why people leave. But that isn't the point. Because when it comes down to it, all we know is they left. 
And now you're sitting in a room alone reading this post and probably on some level, missing the people who left. 
When people leave me, I usually just cry a lot and beg them to stay. I pray begging for God to let them stay just a little longer. 
But I had this realization today. 
See, I've had this friend for a while. We were like, incredibly beautiful friends. She came in to my life exactly when I needed her. And we spent hours and hours and hours talking. And we spent days and days and days together. And I know without even a shadow of a doubt that it was the plan all along. 
And for a little while now, we've been falling apart quickly. And there's been fighting and misunderstandings and hurt feelings... And I had no idea how to fix things. Because how can you let someone you've loved that much go? 
But I realized that maybe it was that exact thought that was causing everything to hurt so much. 
Sometimes you just have to let things fall apart their own way and stop fighting it so it won't hurt. It'll just be perfectly alright with no hard feelings. Just more of a "Oh, what happened to that?" type of feeling.
So this is me letting things fall apart. No fighting. Just sitting and watching parts of my life crumble to the ground. 
But really it's not that big of a deal. It just makes room for more to be built with others. 
I've heard it said
that people come into our lives
for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
and we are lead to those
who help us most to grow
if we let them and we help them in return
Well i dont know if i believe that's true
But i know i'm who i am today
because i knew you.

Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
halfway through the wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better
but, because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It well may be
that we will never meet again in this lifetime,
So let me say before we part
so much of me is made from what I learned from you.
You'll be with me
like a hand print on my heart.
Now whatever way our stories end
I know you have rewritten mine
by being my friend.

Like a ship blown from it's mooring
by a wind off the sea.
like a seed dropped by a sky bird
in a distant wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

And just to clear the air I ask forgiveness
for the things I've done you blame me for
But then I guess we know there's blame to share
And none of it seems to matter any more

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
I do believe I have been changed for the better. 
- For Good
I'll love and miss you always. Good luck with life. Eternity friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment