Wednesday, August 3, 2011

How to live one day at a time.

I've been staring at these screen for about... a half an hour now. I know exactly the point I want to make, but no idea which words to use to get me there. 
I just... I want... I have no idea. 
I think it's safe to say that this is the hardest week I've had since.... I'm not sure. April, maybe. Each day it gradually gets a little more difficult. 
So here I am.
I'm just sitting in a room with a window open and listening to the wind move the trees and wondering what the stars look like right now. Wondering who else is watching them. Wondering what those people are thinking. Wondering about anything that doesn't have to do with me or how I feel or whats happening in my life. Anything but that. 
And to write something good I need to think about those things. I need lay out all my thoughts for you. I need to show you exactly what I feel. I need you to feel it and know. So then I won't be so very alone.
But isn't that what I am? Alone? 
Isn't that what we all are when it comes down to it? Alone. 
All we have in the end is ourselves. And sadly, most of us don't even like ourselves enough for that. 
Including me.
One day at a time. One day at a time. That's all I have to live. One day at a time. 
..... 
Maybe tomorrow will be better. 
Or maybe next week... 
Or next month.... 
Or next year.... 
One day at a time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment