Thursday, April 26, 2012

How to know the sun is going to rise.


Today the sun rose.
Just like I said it would. 
"I used to be sad all the time too till one day I realized the sun is still going to rise tomorrow and it's going to set. Everything is always going to be okay." 
Today, the sun rose. 
It started out on the horizon, just a little sliver lighting up the sky just enough to begin to see the blue again. And then quickly it began raising even more and more. 
And now it's above us. It's shining as bright as ever. 
I was right. 
Yesterday the sun rose, too. 
It shined brightly in the sky and made me want to sing and dance and just lay in it. And then just as quickly as it came, it went down again. 
Tomorrow, the sun will rise then, too. 
It will rise far in to the sky and give us light. It will illuminate the places we walk to and the ground we walk on. It will illuminate things that have been there always, but that we've never noticed before. It will rise. And then, before you're ready for it to leave, it will. 
Just like it will today today. 
Because, today, the sun rose. 
But it's not as simple as that today. 
Because today, the clouds took over the sky as well. 
There's no blue. 
There's no chances of staring into the sun and burning your eyes. 
I don't want to lay out in it. I don't want to sign or dance or roll down my window and soak in every second of it. 
There's not a lot to soak in anyway. 
I don't see things as clearly, colors don't shine as vibrantly, and it's gloomy. 
I have thought on numerous occasions today that maybe I should have stayed in bed. 
Today, the sun rose, but it's not as simple as that.
But maybe it is. 
I can't see as clearly. I'm colder. I'm not soaking up anything.
But the sun still rose out of darkness. The sun is still working it's hardest to bring some light to the world, to make it possible for us to see better than we could in the middle of the night. 
Today, the sun rose. 
And tomorrow, maybe it will rise and shine brightly and there won't be clouds blocking it's rays and everyone everywhere will want to dance and sing and lay out in it again. 
But today, today it just rose. 
And that is enough.
"And I just realized everything is going to be okay. It really is." 
"It's not as simple as that."
"Sure it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment