Saturday, April 7, 2012

Who am I?

June 8th, 1992. 
9:32 PM. 
San Diego, California.
I came in to this world, weighing an astounding 6 pounds. (Maybe average is a better word than astounding...) 
12 hours pass, and I'm in my home for the first time, ever. 
No, I don't remember it. But if I did, yes, I would be one of those prestigious assholes that would brag about it constantly. 
I'm 3. 
"It's a boy." 
I cry for hours. Or, at least, what felt like hours to my small 3 year old mind. 
I'm 3, a few months later. 
"We're moving." 
I don't understand. I tell everyone. 
Then we move. 
I'm 4. 
My baby brother is amazing. The world is amazing. I hate meat. 
I'm 6. 
I'm standing in front of mirror, thinking "It's my birthday. This next year, I'm gonna be so mature and life finally get's to start." 
I'm 8. 
I horrified my dad is going to drown me. But he doesn't. I get baptized and live through it. 
I'm 11. 
My best friend moves. I start to realize growing up can really be rather awful. 
I'm 13. 
I'm awkward. I'm getting paid to be someone's friend. 
I'm 15. 
I think I know what love is. And I'm sure the world will change for the better once I'm 16.
I'm 16. 
The world doesn't change. It still sucks. 
I'm 17. 
I'm crying in cars and graduating and sure the world will change for the better once I graduate and turn 18. 
I'm 18. 
I finally know what love is. But the world doesn't change. It still sucks.
I'm 19. 
And this, I really am. I'm finishing my 2nd year of college and working constantly and going to concerts and standing in line for movie premiers. 


But there's so much else to it. 
There's all these stories... 
So...
This is Who I Am. 
Entry one. 
Let the memories and stories, begin. 

2 comments:

  1. hmm, its interesting on how you view your life. I wonder how it would be if placed at another persons feet. Would they write something similar and view their life the same? You may even be the one in a million and there are only a few people who think the same way. None the less, interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maren, I have said this before, but I love your ability to convey so much through so little. Sometimes, it blows my mind. This is great. Your writing is so incredibly unique, I've never read a style like yours before. I absolutely love that.

    ReplyDelete