Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Who am I? Memory 4. Fat.

It's lunch time. 
"You got too much pudding. No wonder you're fat." 
I'm not fat. 
"You ran the mile in 12 minutes? You should work out more." 
Maybe I'm a little out of shape. 
"You shouldn't stick your stomach out like that, you're just stretching it so it can get fatter." 
Oh. Maybe she's right. 
"I think at recess, you should run. I'll time you."
Yeah, maybe I can get in to shape...
"Your shirt is a medium? I wear a small." 
Oh. I thought medium was normal... Maybe I am fat...
"My mom only eats a banana some days and she's healthy and skinny. Maybe you should try that."
Yeah. I should. 


I was only 8. 
How could you tell an 8 year old they are fat like that?
How sad it is that an 8 year old is so willing to believe it for the next 11 years of her life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment