Sunday, February 20, 2011

How to answer stupid questions.

People ask a lot of questions that they don't really want to know the answers to.
"Where has he been lately?"
"Why did you guys break up?"
"Did you do it or did he do it?"
"Was it a mutual thing?"
"Do you guys still talk?"
"Do you think he might come back?"
"Are you okay?"
See, lets try to answer these.
Where has he been lately? Oh I don't know. School. Work. Then home to sit on his computer. Probably talking to other girls. Maybe occasionally going to visit people. Maybe. Anywhere but here. 
Why did we break up? I wish I could tell you. Maybe its because I'm not pretty enough or skinny enough or good enough. Yeah, that's probably it. Because if I was any of those things, he probably wouldn't have left. 
Who did it? Him. All him. I wouldn't have ever dreamed of doing this to him. 
Was it a mutual thing? Um. No. if it was up to me, he'd still be here. 
Do we still talk? No. He deleted me off Facebook, which probably means he deleted my number as well. Plus, it would probably hurt way to effing bad to try to talk to him now. 
Do I think he might come back? Really? Why would anyone ask this? No. I don't think he might come back. He doesn't want me anymore. He doesn't want to come back. So why would he? 
Am I okay? What type of answer does someone actually want from this question? Because if I say yes, they know I'm lying and feel bad for me. But when I say no, I'm not okay, people get all awkward and never know what to say after that. 
So honestly, stop asking stupid questions people. If you don't want to know the truth, don't ask. 
It hurts to try to answer them anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Maren, I wish I knew how to help your pain more... but take it from someone who knows... breakups are not the end of the world. and most of the time, you not being good enough is the farthest thing from the real reason. sometimes people just aren't prepared to deal with a relationship. sometimes they have their own issues that they don't want their signigicant other to have to deal with as well. trust me. take it from someone who has been there, done that.
    you know i'm always here to talk if you need someone. you know where to find me.
    -Shanda

    ReplyDelete