Sunday, May 15, 2011

How to stop writing as negative of blogs.

Sunday Sunday Sunday.
Why did you have to leave so fast? 
So today, in my last attempt of relaxation before heading to work full time this week, I decided to sit down and make my blog better. So I kinda tried. Then got bored. And distracted. Cyanide and Happiness comics were calling. Men with wonderful bodies were calling. So instead, I decided to take a route that didn't need much effort and thought. And I started reading random blogs. 
So I get this one and, kid you not, it was the most negative thing I've ever read. 
"I can't do this anymore. I am so sick of work. I am so sick of school. I am so sick of people. I hate everything. I hate my life. I hate trying to be positive. I hate this blog. I hate....... blah blah blah" 
You get the picture. It was awful. 
And I'm reading this and thinking about how horrible it made me feel to read it and then.... suddenly.... I realized I'm that girl. 
When do I ever write something happy? 
Thursdays? Yeahhh..... Not even those posts are that happy. 
And I don't want to be THAT blogger. You know, the blogger that everyone secretly hates. I don't want to post the link on Facebook and then my friends think "oh no.... here she goes again complaining." 
Ick. 
My life isn't bad. 
Sometimes things get hard. 
But I'm a middle class girl with a good paying job who has time to write in a pointless little blog every day on my own laptop that I didn't even have to pay for.
A few months ago my heart was broken. 
And all I could do was live in these words.
And because of that, my words were sad. 
Every word in my past blogs screams to me, even now, "I'm broken. I'm broken." 
But I can't be that girl. My words don't have to scream that anymore.
I love who I am and the things I have and the words I write. 
And my life isn't bad. 
I'm happy. 
Weird, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment