Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How to walk away.

I'm not okay with betrayal. Or with pretending it didn't happen. Or losing people. 
You'd think those things would be obvious. How could someone think I could be okay with those? But more specifically, how can a friend think I'm okay with those?
I have a wonderful memory. Every thing is right there for me to replay. 
If I had known a year ago what was going to happen, I wouldn't have texted you back. A few months was not worth what I'm going through now. 
I don't know what is worse. Losing someone I loved with all my heart or having to let go of so many other people after that?
Life goes on. 
I know. 
I laugh and smile and flirt and meet new people and experience wonderful things that I will never forget. Life goes on wonderfully. It get betters, and I know that. 
Some days, I feel so good that I hardly can believe how bad it hurt at first. 
Some days, I get compliments so often that I hardly can believe that for a month I didn't get any. 
Some days, I flirt so much that I hardly can  believe that I was so upset I lost just one person. 
But other days, I count the people I lost. And I realize that it really wasn't just one. I lost alot of people so quickly. And I'm constantly losing people. 
Life goes on. 
I know. 
But sometimes I can't believe that I'm going on without certain people. 
People that I loved so much. People that I planned to share duplexes with. People that I spent hours and hours with. People that made me laugh. People that held me up. People I've known for years. 
You know, this whole time I've thought I was weak. 
But I'm not.
And I thought it would prove my weakness if I walked away. 
But it's doesn't. 
Because right now I'm walking away. Not because I'm weak. I'm not weak. 
But because my life if going in a totally different direction now. And I can't stand here watching the place our lives met anymore.
So this is goodbye. 
Miss you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment