Thursday, July 7, 2011

How to pick a fabulous Book! "My Boyfriend Wrote a Book About Me" Review!


So this is something I've been wanted to do since school got out, but I've been far too lazy to actually sit down and do it and hadn't read anything that made me actually have the drive to do this. So I pretty much just said "screw it" to the idea. Until about 2 weeks ago when I picked up the most fabulous book. 
I was walking through Barnes and Nobel and went book hungry. I spent a little over $200 on books that week... So, expect more and more book reviews this summer! 
But, as I walked through the store, I stopped and went through their "New releases" table, needing a good book to pick up and start my book addiction! And wow was I lucky when I picked up this fabulous book. 
My Boyfriend Wrote a Book About Me written by Hilary Winston was absolutely fantastic from the the cover of the book right down to the structure of the paragraphs. 
I knew this was the book for from the second I read the first like on the back of her book: "This book is dedicated to anyone who has ever had their heart broken." And as I read it I quickly found those words to be absolutely true. 
This book wasn't written for just the heart broken people who get over it in a week. Or for the people (like me) who take months and months to get over love. Or for the people who become overwhelmingly depressed after a break up. Or for the people who take the high road and find the good in a break up. This book was written for everyone. If your heart has been broken, or even slightly beaten up a little, this book was written for you. 
Hilary Winston approaches her book with a whole new outlook on things. Heartbroken with happiness. Depression with humor. It's as if Winston took of all of the awful feelings of loneliness and heartbreak and then hid them under these fabulous stories that will make you smile. The emotions are right there to touch and to understand  and to relate to, but not so much as to overwhelm and depress you. Just enough to make you feel not so very alone. 
If asked what book I would recommend for someone to read, it would be this. Although, as a warning, there are some... "embarrassing" parts in it, as a lady I know would like to say. It is not the more "pure" book out there, but it's real. It's something I wouldn't suggest to my mom, but something I'm eternally happy I didn't miss out on. 
So go buy it. :) promise you'll love it. 
You can buy it here.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment