Thursday, April 14, 2011

How to L.o.v.e. Thursday.

You know how sometimes life is hard? 
Like, when your camera that you just spent a lot of money on breaks. Or when your significant other leaves you. Or when school becomes incredibly stressful. Or when things just don't seem to be working out.
During those times, its easy to be angry. 
And not even just angry at the events taking place. But angry at everything. Suddenly the way that guy over there looks at you just pisses you off.
And the more angry you get, the harder life gets. Because really, all your doing is noticing all those things in your life that you don't want there anymore but you can't really do anything about them. 
This week I hate life because...
1. Classes are getting more and more demanding. Or I'm just getting lazier. Either one.
2. The gas at the dentist did NOT make me happy like usual yesterday. Instead I started crying. Like really?Wtf? 
3. My camera broke. I am not okay with that. 
4. I have this awful cold.
5..... 
Okay you get the picture. 
It's really easy to make a list of all the things in your life that aren't going well. And the list just gets longer and longer and longer. 
And I do spend a lot of my time blogging about things like that. Like, he left me. I can't sleep. I don't know who I am anymore.... blah blah blah. 
But today is the day I take out of my life a few moments to write about things I do love about my life this week. Because when I do, the week doesn't look nearly as bad as it did. 
And, lets face it, sometimes I sound incredibly pathetic. I know it. I read my blog, too. And I sound depressed and lonely and just overall pathetic. 
But I want my readers to know (although there may be few) that what I write about is not my life constantly. I do not spend all my time dwelling on these awful things that have happened to me. And really, I do see those bright and beautiful things that God hands me every week even in the midst of hard times. 
So here's my Things I Love Thursday list!
1. The sun is shining the sun is shining the sun is shining!!!!! Sure, it snowed yesterday. But the day before that it was 60! 
2. I got to sleep in practically every day this week. 
3. These nails. I want them so bad.
4. Listening to Regina Spektor. Laughing With is such a beautiful song. 
5. Going to lunch (or dinner, in last nights case) with my friend who is home for her spring break! 
6. Inside jokes. "Be here in ten minutes. Don't forget the wooden horse ;)" "It's Riley, you DICK!"
7. Dayquil. It's keeping me alive this week. 
8. People who read my blog. :) 
9. Watching the horrible acting on The Secret Life of the American Teenager. I don't know why I keep watching it. It's so awful. But the awfulness is addicting. 
10. New makeup. 
11. Writing my speech about Self Love. Ahh I'm so excited. 
12. My self love bible. Gosh. I think I've mentioned that in older posts. But I swear it just gets better!
13. My mom's motivational talks with me. "If I had married one of them, I would have had some weird child instead of you!" haha. Thanks mom. 
14. Tomorrow is pay day. 
15. Thunderstorms. Loud ones. 
So. Lets take the day off from all the negative. 
What do you love today?

1 comment:

  1. Maren I loooved this! Keep up being happy and know your words motivated me to be happier on this Thursday!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete