Thursday, June 9, 2011

How to love today.

I wasn't going to write this. I'm tired and sick and really just need to sleep. But I feel like I need to. 
Today at work I was walking up to the front desk to put some prep instructions in the nurses' boxes. This is normal and not exciting. Like my job usually is. Haha. But I was walking by as one of my co workers went to throw some paper in to the shred box. It landed perfect on the edge of it. Balanced and everything. She pushed it completely in to the box then laughed at herself and said "I shouldn't have pushed it in. I couldn't get it to balance so perfectly like that again even if I tried." 
See, I had this wonderful, amazing, genius teacher once who taught me to analyze everything. And as soon as my co worker said that, I was immediately analyzing it. 
We get things like that in life a lot. Things that balance perfectly for just a moment. Things that we could never get to be so perfect on our own, even if we tried. And we often don't notice them and then push them away before we realize how perfectly balanced and rare they are, if only for just a second. 
I don't know if I have a list of things I love today. It was my birthday yesterday and that was great. I've got a lot of good things going for me right now. Theres alot that I love. 
But I don't have a list. Not today. 
Today I just want you to realize what things in your life are just so perfectly balance right now. And once it falls, you could never get it back like it was before even if you tried. Cuz I can almost promise that things are going to fall apart. The most balanced part of your life right now, may be the same thing that causes your entire world to crumble in a few months or years or days or whatever. Things are going to fall apart. 
But love how it is now. 
Because right now, theres something bigger than you balancing these random parts of your life for you. 
If it falls later, who cares. Just love how it is now. Don't miss out on how perfect it is right now. 
So today, this Thursday that is over in 20 minutes... or whatever day you are reading this, notice those things in your life. Make a mental list of them. See how perfectly, strangely, they are balanced.
And Love it today. Love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment