Sunday, June 12, 2011

How to protect children.

Sometimes I look at children and feel very sad for them. 
Isn't that depressing? 
I look at their happy smiling faces and wonder what their lives are going to be like. Wonder who's gonna break their heart first. Wonder how many nights they are going to spend crying. Wonder how they are going to get through it. 
I wanna protect them. So. Much. 
I wanna hold them and tell them that life is going to hurt but I'm gonna be right here always.
I wanna explain to them about depression but explain to them how it can be fought. I wanna explain to them about love and how it's worth it. I wanna hold them and tell them that they are going to be okay. Tell them that if I could protect them, I would in a heart beat. But I can't. So I'll just explain as much as I can first, and then hope they remember what I said when life happens.
Next time you hold a child, hold them a little closer than usual. Look at them and realize that how hard their lives are about to get. And hold them as close as you can for as long as you can. Tell them you love them. 
And write. Write through your hard times so they can google "How to move on" and find yours words years from now. 
People you need your words. 
Those children running around in the playground need your words. 
Give them up. Don't be selfish and keep these words to yourself. Give them up. 
We learn best through our own experiences. But second best is through other peoples experiences. 
Today, share whatever you can. 
Tomorrow, share more. 
Because someone needs you. 
Please don't ever forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment